Donald A. Jasko to Moderate Jupitermedia™ DRM Conference Panel, "Fingerprinting & Filtering"
Santa Monica, CA October 4, 2004
Donald A. Jasko, Chief Executive Officer of Digital Economics, will moderate a panel on October 26, 2004 at the
Jupitermedia DRM Conference in Los Angeles. The panel will discuss how technologies can identify content by analyzing
their unique audio or visual "fingerprints," and matching them to identical fingerprints in historical databases.
The panel will focus its attention on how these technologies can be incorporated into peer-to-peer networks in order
to block, or require payment for, the distribution of copyrighted works. It will also examine the business models and
legal liabilities that will determine the viability of P2P networks. Among the issues the panel will address are:
The panel will commence at 10:00 AM on October 26. The Jupitermedia DRM Conference will be held at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Can fingerprint technologies work in lieu of DRM technologies?
- Or are fingerprint technologies most effective in identifying copyrighted works before DRM technologies come into play?
- Once fingerprint technologies identify copyrighted works, how will they interact with the metadata that are essential
to the identification of the parties entitled to royalties and residuals?
- Will the fingerprint and entitled party databases be privately owned by their vendors, or will they be part of a larger
copyright registration infrastructure?
- How will fingerprint technologies interact with the payment and micropayment systems that will actually pay the appropriate
royalties and residuals?
- Does the Distributed Computing Industry Association's P2P Revenue Engine project offer answers as to how P2P networks can
support the distribution of licensed and permissioned content?
Donald A. Jasko, President, Digital Economics, LLC
Vance Ikezoye, President, Audible Magic Corporation
Mark Isherwood, Senior Consultant, Rightscom Ltd.
John Beezer, President, Shared Media Licensing, Inc.
Dave Jaworski, President, Tennessee Pacific Group, LLC
Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), headquartered in Darien, CT, is a leading provider of global real-time
news, information, research and media resources for information technology, Internet industry and graphics professionals.
JupiterWeb, the online division of Jupitermedia, is joined by JupiterResearch, a leading international research advisory
organization, JupiterEvents, which produces offline conferences and trade shows focused on IT and business-specific topics,
and JupiterImages, which provides photos and other graphic images electronically. For additional information, go to
Digital Economics is a consultancy that enables the licensing of creative content for programming and advertising over
broadcast and digital media. For additional information, go to