Donald Jasko to Moderate Digital Hollywood Panel, "Advertising in Search, Social Media, P2P & Other Web-Based Services"
Donald A. Jasko, Chief Executive Officer of Digital Economics, LLC, will moderate a panel on November 1, 2007 that will examine the manner in which immersive and interactive web-based media will transform advertising and commerce as we know it today. The discussion will focus on advertising and commercial services delivered over broadband and wireless networks, while paying special attention to the forms that advertising and commercial services will take from the perspectives of consumers, subscribers, advertisers, agencies and content owners. Among the issues to be addressed are:
• What are the most attractive aspects of web-based advertising to
advertisers and agencies?
» Micro-targeted advertising and services?
» Data illuminating consumer preferences and interests?
» Direct contact with consumers who wish to actively participate
in an advertiser's community?
• Will advertisers and agencies learn to prefer targeted exposure
over mass exposure?
• What are the dangers involved in advertising and commercial services
becoming an intrusion on the immersive and interactive experiences
people seek on the internet?
• How do advertisers and content owners learn to harmonize their efforts
without compromising the integrity of each others' messages?
• Do the dangers of unlicensed or illegal content threaten the success
of advertising and licensed content?
• To what extent will web-based media grow the market for advertising,
and to what extent will web-based media take share from traditional
radio and television media?
• Will digital media exchanges and auctions make traditional radio
and television media competitive with web-based media?
• At what point does advertising cease to be advertising, and become:
» Services to which consumers will subscribe?
» Content in its own right?
Appearing on the panel will be:
• John Desmond, Vice President, SafeNet, Inc./MediaSentry Services
• Ronny Golan, co-Chief Executive Officer, HIRO Media
• Allan Klepfisz, Chief Executive Officer, Brilliant Technologies
• Thom Kozik, President, Wazap! U.S.
• Chase Norlin, Chief Executive Officer, Pixsy Corporation
• Les Ottolenghi, President, Digital Commerce, Inc./INTENT MediaWorks
The panel will commence at 9:30 AM on Thursday, November 1, 2007. The Digital Hollywood Fall 2007 Conference will be held at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles.
is a copyright licensing consultancy and publishing administrator that enables the licensing of creative content for programming and advertising over broadcast
and digital media. For additional information, go to
has since 1990 been among the leading trade conferences addressing the convergence of the entertainment and technology industries with
over 15,000 top executives in the film, television, music, home video, cable, telecommunications and computer industries attending events
each year. For additional information, go to