Donald Jasko to Moderate Digital Hollywood Europe Conference Panel, "Broadband, IPTV and Interactive Television:
Games, Gaming, Sports, Entertainment & Information as Next-Generation Content"
Donald A. Jasko, Chief Executive Officer of Digital Economics, will moderate a panel on December 1, 2006 that will examine the manner in which next- generation
content will transform television as we know it today. The discussion will focus on audio-visual content delivered over broadband to various consumer electronic devices,
while paying special attention to specific genres of content that promise particular value to viewers, media and content owners. These genres include games and
gaming, sports, interactive entertainment and information. Among the issues to be addressed are:
• What obstacles threaten to delay internet-protocol television (IPTV)
from becoming a mainstream, everyday, everywhere service?
• What Digital Rights Management issues need to be addressed
for IPTV to gain widespread acceptance?
• How will the development of IPTV as a platform-agnostic medium
affect the content that it delivers?
• How will interactive television evolve as IPTV gains wider acceptance?
• Will more traditional media, such as broadcast, cable and satellite
television, pose a competitive threat to IPTV, or form a symbiotic
relationship with IPTV?
• Is there a "killer" genre in IPTV? Is it network-based games, or
gaming, or sports, or the internet access that complements
• Does user-generated content have a long-term future in IPTV?
Do copyright issues threaten that future?
• Will advertising remain a key element of the business model
supporting IPTV? Will advertising at some point merge with
Appearing on the panel will be:
• Paul Bennum, Director of Strategy, Somethin' Else.
• Raghav "Rags" Gupta, Director of Business Development &
Strategy, Brightcove, Inc.
• Tony Hart, Business Development Manager, Packet Vision Ltd.
• Dale Herigstad, Executive Creative Director, Schematic.
• Mickey Kalifa, General Manager, PlayJam Worldwide.
• Oliver Slipper, Chief Executive Officer, Premium TV Ltd.
• Dr. Michelle M. Wu, Chief Executive Officer, MediaZone.
The panel will commence at 11:05 AM on December 1, 2006. The Digital Hollywood Europe Conference will be held at the ExCel Exposition Centre in London's Docklands.
is a copyright licensing consultancy that enables the licensing of creative content for programming and advertising over broadcast
and digital media. For additional information, go to
has since 1990 been among the leading trade conferences addressing the convergence of the entertainment and technology industries with
over 15,000 top executives in the film, television, music, home video, cable, telecommunications and computer industries attending events
each year. For additional information, go to