Donald Jasko to Moderate iHollywood Forum Panel, "Personal Broadcasting:
Blogs, Social Networking, Podcasting & More"
Donald A. Jasko, Chief Executive Officer of Digital Economics, LLC, will moderate a panel on June 8, 2005 that examines the
lightning-fast development of the businesses that support personalized commentary, discussion and program delivery. Media
websites are making blogs an essential part of their news and commentary menus. Social networking websites provide community
and networking while generating content that is compelling to its niche and mass audiences. And radio stations podcast audio
programming for anytime, anywhere listening; audiovisual programming promises to follow shortly. This panel will explore
personal broadcasting's exciting cutting edge. Among the issues to be addressed are:
• Do blogs and social networking sites thrive because of the interactive
experience they offer, or because of the unique content they produce?
• What business models have been most successful to date in
supporting personal broadcasting? And what business models show
the most promise for the future?
• What are the key elements for personal broadcasters in monetizing
participation? "Stickiness?" Desirable demographics? Interactivity and
content that subscribers will pay for?
• As the mainstream media adopt blogs, social networking and
podcasting, how do specialized personal broadcasters compete?
• Is personal broadcasting necessarily a multi-media experience in
which interaction shifts seamlessly between wired and wireless
• To what extent do personal broadcasters compete with more
established providers of search capabilities, and do what extent to
they partner with them?
• What challenges does the need to license copyrighted content present
for these businesses?
Appearing on the panel will be:
• Charles Barrett, Vice President, Business Development, Friendster, Inc.
• Shawn Gold, Publisher, Weblogs Inc.
• Ed Gottsman, Senior Researcher, Accenture Technology Labs
• Jay Stockwell, Senior Vice President, Intelliseek
The panel will commence at 11:50 AM on June 8. The iHollywood Forum will be held at the Universal Hilton Hotel at University City in Los Angeles.
Digital Economics, LLC is a consultancy that enables the licensing of copyrighted creative content
for programming and advertising over broadcast and digital media. For additional information, go to
iHollywood Forum, Inc. is the leading producer of roundtable discussions, networking events and
business development opportunities for Hollywood executives and entrepreneurs involved in digital entertainment. Monthly Forums
offer diverse opinions on the most compelling and controversial issues facing the industry, including online music, internet
entertainment, marketing and advertising on the Web, digital cinema, interactive television and games. For additional
information, go to